From stages to cities
We build cultural strategies from beginning to end; from the grant application to the actual implementation of the cultural development programmes, and everything in between.
European Capitals of Culture tenders, festival concepts, execution – we strive to use our accumulated knowledge of music for building community and creating positive social change. Music is not only entertainment but also a powerful tool of community development, education, inclusion and social cohesion. Maybe it sounds a bit sci-fi, but it’s a proven fact – music does make our lives better. Applied musicology works with sociological, urban, technological, educational, psychological disciplines for a brighter future. Our company has a humbler horizon than this, but following this practical approach, we create music strategies for cities, help the concept development of festivals, education projects, concert series, and all kinds of media products. What could be better than mixing the beauty of music with something actually useful?
Hangveto’s Strategic Consulting team helps implement and expand cultural programmes for cities in the CEE region. We do this through the European Capitals of Culture (ECOC) initiative, the UNESCO Creative Cities Network – or just for cities with a desire to do it better. The goal is to use “creativity as a tool for sustainable urban development” as described by UNESCO’s Creative Cities Network.
We know the ins and outs, ups and downs of the grant application process very well, having had years of experience writing grants and applying for funding. The team is also experienced in project coordination, from the idea stage to execution Our team can support any stage or even the entire creative strategic process for implementing your city’s cultural programmes.
– Development of music concepts and strategies for cities and local governments
– Consultation for European Capitals of Culture candidates and title-holders
– Taking part in the application and implementation of ECOC programmes
– Development of festival concepts, preparation of convertibility studies
– Complex cultural counselling – tailored to local opportunities
– Urban marketing analysis and feasibility studies
– Creating frameworks where culture can become the engine of the economy, tourism or city branding
– Non-profit educational project development– see our Education page for more information